RE: Web Sites

To: "Fred Talmadge" <fredtal@industryinet.com>,
Subject: RE: Web Sites
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 02 17:52:05 -0800
>I use Opera and it's fine but some web sites won't let you in if you are
>NOT using MS or Navigator.

Some web developers love the latest technology.  I love happy customers.

My customers prefer to have as many potential customers view their site
as possible so I try to let as many in as possible.

Running Netscape 3.1 at 640X480 in a 13 inch monitor with 256 bit colour
capability?  No problem.  Some things will not work but you will never
notice it and you will not have to side scroll at a full width window.
Running the latest and greatest, you will see everything.  Everything
that is except gratuitous movement that does not directly enhance the
site's message.

I have one client with Acrobat catalogue pages that require Acrobat 4.0
though.

I'm currently working on a site for jeep parts in Europe.  Phone lines
are notoriously bad in some places.  You can bet there is a lot being
done with standard background colours creating graphics that load quickly
on slow phone connections and that there is a minimum of stuff that takes
noticeable time to load.  I'm doing testing on this site with a modem set
to 1200 baud.

In my book the only useful technologies are the ones my customers
customers are most likely to use.

We are way off topic. Sorry but my hot button was pressed.

Back to British car content:

Meanwhile, the TR3A is running fine.  I took it out shopping today.  And
I'm getting the Land Rover loaded for a 3-1/2 to 4 week tour to no where
in particular but sorta out in the four corners area.

TeriAnn Wakeman               If you send me direct mail, please
Santa Cruz, California        start the subject line with TW -
twakeman@cruzers.com           I will be sure to read the message

http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

"How can life grant us the boon of living..unless we dare"
Amelia Earhart 1898-1937