Re: SFR attendance dropping faster than it would appear at

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SFR attendance dropping faster than it would appear at
From: james creasy <jcreasy@perforce.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 11:53:38 -0700
theres a lot of talk about surfaces and number of runs, but i go where
the competition is.  classes where you know you cant take a drop because
your competition will be there with a win, that they are staying up late
working on car development, and then on race day they put down times you
think are impossible and then you go out and beat.  a few years ago we
had lots of people like that in my class, and one of my most exciting
seasons was losing the 5th place trophy by a couple of hundredths at the
last event.  now there are so many classes, we each get our own- how
many classes average less than one competitor?  half?  rather than
emcouraging new people to become more serious by bringing them into a
competitive and collaborate community, we isolate them in novice and
(shudder) ladies classes, where they are slow and get a class win.  a
little contradictary!

james
OSP - Only Serious Playas