Re: question about SM2 rules

To: "james creasy" <james@thevenom.net>
Subject: Re: question about SM2 rules
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 23:14:04 -0800
On Friday, Nov 1, 2002, at 17:25 US/Pacific, james creasy wrote:

> i know OSP isnt a national class.  BUT,
>
> is SM2 a national class now?  the site says: "is a new optional
> Regional
> class beginning in 2002".
>
> so if the San Francisco Regions adopts the SM2 class as an optional
> regional
> class and OSP is also an SF regional class, then it follows that my
> car is
> legal for SM2 because our region has expanded the Street Prepared
> Category
> to include my car.
>
> -james
> SM #74

C'mon, James, you know better than this.  SFR's OSP class isn't "an
expansion of the Street Prepared Category".  It's a regional class that
has a completely different ruleset than the national Street Prepared
category.  It simply happens to have a similar name.

Calling a goldfish a dog doesn't make it hunt.

KeS