Re: question about SM2 rules

To: james@thevenom.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: question about SM2 rules
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2002 01:07:08 EST
In a message dated 11/1/2002 4:59:23 PM Pacific Standard Time,
james@thevenom.net writes:

> Open Street Prepared part of the Street Prepared
> Category"?, and if it isnt, then the SM2 rules only includes cars that are
> legal in other Street Prepared classes, so therefore any car not legal in
> existing Street Prepared class will be excluded from SM2, so why would the
> driver participate in SM2 rather than their regular class?
>
> -james

James - I think you are mis-reading it. It means that the only cars
"eligible" for SM2 are cars "eligible" for other street prepared classes. Any
car not "eligible" for the existing Street Prepared class is not "eligible"
for SM2. The car, once eligible for SM2, can be prepared for SM2. If it was
fully prepared for SM2, it likely would no longer be "Legal" in Street
Prepared, although it would remain eligible - as long as it was prepared in
accordance with the Street Prepared rules.  Something tells me you know all
this. Right? -Seth