Re: CV joints?

To: mrclem@telocity.com, Autocross <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: CV joints?
From: James Creasy <black94pgt@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 09:19:35 -0700
the classic symptom of a bad cv joint is a steady clicking when turning
sharply.  popping and cracking could be other things too, such as loose
strut tower bolts, bad strut, loose or missing sway bar attachment or mount,
tire or wheel rubbing on something caught or loose under there.

the hardest part of CV joint removal is usually getting the joint off the
axle.  i managed to do it on my car without any special tools, but it was a
bit tricky.  i dont know anything out civics in this regard, however. its
not a lunchtime job for the amatuer.

HTH,

-james c