CV joints?

To: "Autocross" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: CV joints?
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 07:35:47 -0700
My old Honda Civic is making popping or cracking sounds when I give it gas when
the steering wheel is turned. I suspect this is the CV joints starting to go
bad.

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me whether this sounds like a reasonable
diagnosis, and if so, how hard it is to replace the CV joints. Is it a few
hours, a full day, or a weekend job? Does it require special tools and
dexterous hands that can fit into tiny spaces, or is it pretty normal stuff?

Thanks,

Michael R. Clements
mrclem@telocity.com
Some find truth in beauty, others find beauty in truth.