Re: CV joints?

To: mrclem@telocity.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CV joints?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 23:47:40 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/01 4:03:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
mrclem@telocity.com writes:

   > You can replace any of the 4 joints, they run about $200 each if you get
> OEM
> Honda parts. Or, you can get a remanufactured halfshaft with both CV joints
> on
> it for about $170 (less than half the total price). They say the
> remanufactured ones last just as long as the new ones.

I'm not sure who "they" are, but my experience (as a Honda/Acura service
advisor for 4 years) with the reman axles is that they tend to be good for
about 2 years.  Then, when the noise comes back, and you realize your
mistake, you can't always replace the outer joint with a new OEM Honda one,
because the splines won't always match up with the reman axle shaft, as the
reman parts are from sort of unknown sources...

Charlie Davis