RE: octane boost

To: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>,
Subject: RE: octane boost
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrclem@telocity.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 07:17:48 -0700
I filled up with 100 octane race gas at the Union 76 yesterday. The car's 11
gallon tank took 7.5 gallons. The gas didn't seem to make any difference,
until I opened up the throttle and let the engine rev as I entered Hwy 280. At
wide open throttle the engine pulls a bit harder from 3k to 6k RPM. Not a huge
difference, but enough to feel.

This 100 octane stuff is probably overkill, but it does indicate that the drop
from 92 to 91 octane causes a slight decrease in power that becomes noticeable
under extreme acceleration.

Thanks for all the info,

P.S. I found the following link with detailed info on RON, MON and other
things Octane:
http://www.seansa4page.com/resource/octane.html