Re: Supplemental classes

To: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject: Re: Supplemental classes
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 16:58:36 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>
To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Cc: <autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 9:27 AM

> But that's exactly the point. In a world with too many classes as it is,

FWIW, we disagree on whether or not there are "too many" classes, because
that comes down to a debate over the definition of "too many." But I do not
think it needs to be part of a debate on whether a given class has met
sufficient numbers to be included or the process by which that is
determined.

Whether a class meets the numbers is one subject.

What the number is, is quite another.

I'm not addressing that at this time (any numbers I toss out in the context
of my proposal are essentially just examples on how it works and subject to
revision by anyone). The proposal can work whether the magic number is 5 or
50. The results may be quite different, but the proposal can work. So then
it comes down to: given the proposal becomes the practice, what result do we
want to achieve? And then set the number accordingly.

--Rocky

So I'd rather not debate "too many" or magic numbers at this time.

--Rocky