Are your events open to all who come and want to run

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Are your events open to all who come and want to run
From: "Jim Ourand" <racenumbers@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:31:47 -0700
In ongoing discussions about the rapid growth of our sport, there is some
belief that it is part of our "SCCA charter" to welcome all who come.

Realizing that a big event for a small region might be 80 drivers, while
bigger regions routinely handle 200 to 300 cars; how does your region handle
"big" events.

Do you just take everyone who shows up regardless of total turnout?

Do you require SCCA Membership?

Do you cap entry levels?

Do you reduce or eliminate Novice classes?

Do you reduce or eliminate Time Only Runs?

Jim

Pro Image Racing Identification
Serving Racers and Autocrossers Since 1985
www.racenumbers.com