Re: Are your events open to all who come and want to run

To: Jim Ourand <racenumbers@cox.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Are your events open to all who come and want to run
From: "Pat Kelly" <lollipop487@attbi.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:33:02 -0700
Jim,

> Do you just take everyone who shows up regardless of total turnout?
We take any SCCA member (any region) on the day of the event. No
preregistration...

> Do you require SCCA Membership?
Yes, and must have membership card; can't join that day.

> Do you cap entry levels?
No, haven't yet. Max size was 341 last spring.

> Do you reduce or eliminate Novice classes?
No, we have 8 notive classes, one for each of the 8 heats.

> Do you reduce or eliminate Time Only Runs?
If the entry appears high, there will be no Fun Runs (same thing) sold. It's
up to the event chair, who sort of scans the parking area and gets a feel
for the entry level.
However, if there is time, there are free (most often) fun runs at the end
of the day.
--Pat Kelly