Re: A way to reduce some classes

To: Jeff@Winchell.Com
Subject: Re: A way to reduce some classes
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:31:48 -0400
>> ...It  is absolutely essential that the performance of the married
classes be
>> equal to each other, and I agree 100% that it is too early to predict
with
>> any certainty which classes will wind up the performance counterparts of
SM
>> and SM2. My educated guess is that SM==BSP and SM2==ASP, but that
>> definately remains to be seen.

> BSP is MUCH faster than DSP, ESP, FSP, and yet you say CSP, DSP,
> ESP, FSP would become SM. This appears to be contradictory. Did I
> misinterpret something?

Overlooked one thing - there's SM2 (potentially mixed with ASP) as a
gravitation target as well. So the fast CSP cars (CRX, Miata) which are not
eligible for SM could go to SM2 if it appealed to them.

For the other cars/classes, the primary reasons why they are slower than
BSP is that the SP rules limit engine development so much. If they move to
an SM class, they get to do engine work (or outright swaps) that give them
the potential to match BSP times.

DG