Re: Speed Creep!

To: solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Speed Creep!
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 19:46:17 EDT
solo2dmmr2@hotmail.com writes:

> This weekend we (christians) celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus
> Christ.  He was put to death because of majority rule.
>
> Nothing against Mark's sttement however you almost never hear anyone
> mention
> that a "fast" event wasn't "fun".

My statement about the majority opinion had nothing to do with the Ft. Worth
Tour event being fun or whether people enjoyed it or not. It had to do with
whether the majority considered the speeds and type course areas where they
were obtained as being unsafe or not meeting the safety wording of the rules.
 As for anyone getting in over their head, whether a newbie or experienced
driver, there were no obstacles or other safety-related incidentals for
anyone to get into even at speeds twice of what we actually ran.

If you didn't attend the event it's probably hard to imagine a course this
big still having 1000+ feet of smooth, unobstructed asphalt surface remaining
before running off or getting into an obstacle, so I can see how you could
confuse the actual issues at hand.  Simply put, faith-based metaphors have no
relevance to Solo2 safety or the intent of my comments.

Mark