Re: Speed Creep!

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Speed Creep!
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 11:53:58 -0400
Paul Foster wrote:
> The rules clearly state that the fastest Stock and SP cars cannot
> go faster than 65.

I don't have a rulebook here at work, but I'm pretty confident
that the rules don't say that.  They say something like "should not
normally exceed the low 60's for the fastest Stock and SP cars".
That's deliberately weak wording, not nearly as strong as your
"clearly" and "cannot".

Can someone cite chapter and verse, please?

> If you want to change the rule then go right ahead and change it.
> But until you do, you and the SCCA "bosses" are a bunch of
> hypocrites, particularly when this happens at Nationals and Tour
> events as is apparently the current case.

Mark