Re: Making the SCCA Into Something It Is Not

To: "Dave Kizerian" <davekizerian@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Making the SCCA Into Something It Is Not
From: "Roger Johnson" <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 19:35:52 -0500
Were there not new members in the Utah Region in 1998?  1997?
1996?

There are ALWAYS people coming & going in this sport, and others.
People decide to begin or quit sailing, bowling, golfing or skiing
in any given 'season'.

Most recreation/hobby activities have been growing.  Rather
common when the economy is strong.  Also common is some shrinkage
in participation when the inevitable recession comes around.

It is good, fitting and proper that we have class(es) at the Regional
level that match well with the current incoming crop of newbies.
It is NOT proper to attribute these newbies to the existence of said
classes.  Can you say "self-fulfilling prophecy"?

New participants in Solo II have been around since pylons were made
of wood.

Roger 2