Re: Street Mod exclusions

To: "Larry Steckel" <lorenzoscribe@hotmail.com>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 19:56:39 -0600
Larry Steckel wrote:

>Hey don't discount the Triumph Herald.

I wasn't. It's on the SM excluded list, however, along with
Shelby Cobras. Presumably to keep the world safe for DSMs,
ponycars, and "non-sports-car-derived" vehicles. Whatever they
are.

> It's a legitimate four seater.

Yep. Definitely not a sports car. Or too light.

> where
>do you think they got the chassis for the Spitfire?

Herald. Swing axle and all. Hell, my car (Lotus Europa) has some
Herald parts on it. So do Elans. Brakes, front uprights, front
hubs,  steering rack/column.  Hey, that explains why we get so
much grief about our Loti. They've got Herald parts on 'em.
Thanks for bringing that up. I feel much better now.  ;<)

>How about taking a Herald, dropping in a 3.5 litre V/8 from a
Triumph TR8
>and pumping it up with the available go-fast parts?

Hmmm. Depends on how long you expect it to run before terminal
meltdown.  ;<)

>  You would probably have
>to use the rest of the TR8 driveline if you wanted it to live
for more than
>a minute or two,

Hmmm, again. It's not entirely clear that TR8 driveline bits
would let it live much longer. But I see where you're going.

>but anything is feasible. Right? I think that would be
>cool!

But it's presently on the exclusion list. See how much fun those
guys are preventing you from having?  ;<)

Jay