Re: Why is the Supra in SM? Simple...

To: Jeff@cyberconceptz.com, Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com,
Subject: Re: Why is the Supra in SM? Simple...
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:53:05 EST
In a message dated 12/1/00 9:59:07 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Jeff@cyberconceptz.com writes:

> Once again I'm trying to stay out of this argument, but I owned a factory
> 4-seat rx7 and yes the 2nd generation was the only model imported to the us

I'm sorry, but your "factory" 4 seat car was a factory 2 seat car, converted
to 4 seats at a dealership with a kit imported from Japan, using the Japanese
4 seat parts.  I was working in a Mazda dealership at that time, and that IS
how it happened, whether you bought it off the showroom floor or not.  You'll
find the four seat conversion on an "addendum sticker," not on the factory
window sticker.  That isn't "Stock" as per the definition in section 13 of
the rule book.  The RX-7 does not fit in Appendix K, section IV.A.1: "All
sedans/coupes (four seats, four factory seat belts, not sports car based),
maximum displacement 3.1L normally aspirated."  How can anyone say that an
RX7 is not "sports car based?"

Charlie Davis