RE: Why is the Supra in SM? Simple...

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Why is the Supra in SM? Simple...
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:38:54 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Linnhoff, Eric wrote:
>  How can anyone say that an
> RX7 is not "sports car based?"
> =======================
> (just for arguments sake)
> The exact same way that a Supra is NOT Sports Car based and is allowed in
> SM.  (in my best Yoda voice) Very subjective these sports cars are.

Eh, I dunno if I believe that.  I was reading a history of the Supra line
a while ago (somewhere online, that I've since forgotten).  The supra
started life as a celica with a bit more zip.  Always had 4 seats (AFAIK),
etc. etc.

The RX-7 I dunno the history of very well, but I think every model of the
Rx-7 was primarily a 2-seater, small, sports car type of deal.

Comparing the last models, there is no comparison (IMHO).  The RX-7 is a 2
seat all out sports car and the supra is a fairly heavy, _very_ sporty
sedan with a good motor.

Mark