Re: Why is the Supra in SM? Simple...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Why is the Supra in SM? Simple...
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 15:09:08 EST
Eric Linnhoff writes:

> (just for arguments sake)
> The exact same way that a Supra is NOT Sports Car based and is allowed in
> SM.

It depends on what generation of Supra.  The first 2 generations had very
obvious Celica roots.  The newer you get, the more obvious it is that the car
has become its own vehicle and not much relationship to the Celica,
especially from '88 or so on when the Celica became FWD and the Supra
remained RWD.  I'd probably include Supras up until the last generation if it
was my decision...  Yes, VERY subjective.

CHD