Re: Enforcing the unenforceable

To: "Dan Bettis" <140mhz24@isoc.net>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Enforcing the unenforceable
From: "Patrick Washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:16:12 -0600
> How do you enfoce the current R/DOT tires.  How do you test the
compounds?
> So many things that change compounds are done during there manfacture you
> never be able to just there you X-Brand tester on it.  How do you test ply
> construction?  To you rip the tire apart ply by ply and measure every
> angle, every thickness of every strand.  What about the binders that hold
> it together.  So the way I see it people can have cheater tires with the
> curret ruls>

I don't think this parallel holds water since the rules say *ANY* DOT rated
tire is eligible.  We don't need to test compounds, we just need to see a
DOT stamp.  Compounds and construction can change daily and it is still
legal.  It is not uncommon for there to be quite a difference from Spring
tires to late Summer tires IMO.

>   And ECU that is totaly unenforcable, and you can get some good power
> there if its done right and if the right guy does it you can tell no
> differance unless you get inside the code/program.

You seem to contradict yourself.  It *is* enforcable if you get into the
code/program, therefore it's just *harder* to enforce.

Patrick Washburn
C-Tech Trailor Cabinets
Wausau, WI
www.racecabinet.com
-
Sent using WaveMail, a web-based e-mail client.
http://www.dwave.net