Re: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712

To: "Jason S." <solo2crx@hotmail.com>, <RacerFlash@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
From: "Ron Bauer" <ronbauer@aa.net>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:43:33 -0700
We just got a set for the Type R in a 225/40/16 size.  They are definitely
quieter than the Bridgestone Potenza RE010s that came stock on the car.  I
finally got to drive it, and they seem to work quite well in the dry.  They
have a little more noise when abused, but for the price seem to be an
excellent tire.

We were looking at Potenzas and other tires that cost twice + as much, and
yes, the higher cost tires do have a little better grip, but for a cost of
less than $400 a set vs. $800 plus for a set, I'm willing to go with the
Kumho.  I haven't had a chance to drive them in the wet yet, but from what I
understand, they work very well there as well.

BTW, have any of the rest of you had problems with extra static electricity
with these tires?  I didn't drive the new Type R enough beforehand to know
if it's just the new car, or if the tires are adding to it....

Ron Bauer
Team Butt Heat
Y2K S2K
Y2K ITR