Re: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>, "Mike Neary" <mcneary@usa.com>,
Subject: Re: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
From: "Phillip S. Osborne" <psosborn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 10:27:30 -0400
Eric, this just supports the argument that it is actually cheaper to buy
race dedicated tires than to buy street tires, have them shaved and use them
for dual purpose.  I was surprised at an event in Atlanta yesterday to find
some rather soft tires that are actually street tires, the Yoko A520, the
Yoko AVS I, and a couple of others.  The serious STS folks even buy Michigan
Pilots, (high dollar tire$) have them shaved, mounted on super light wheels,
and change them on race day.  Call it what you want, Street Touring/Street
Tires, in the case of the serious autocrosser, they are going to be
dedicated race tires, and see very little if any street use.

Phil O.