RE: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712

To: "'Paul Cezanne'" <oblique@alum.mit.edu>,
Subject: RE: Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 08:18:53 -0500
Is anybody running the Kumho ECSTA Supra 712
(http://www.tirerack.com/tires/kumho/ku_712.jsp) as a street tire?
Opinions?  It reads well on the tirerack web site along with having a
great price.

And what's with the dorky name anyway...
==============================
I know several people who are running them as street tires and one guy who's
running them as his STS "race" tires.  The street guys are giving them so-so
reviews (not much time on them yet) and the STS driver, who usually stomps
my run times in anything he drives, barely lost to me (in my Kumho V700 shod
Neon) in his STS Kumho ECSTA 712 shod VW GTI.  The prices sure are tempting
though, aren't they.

And as to the name, well, it probably lost something in the translation.
Crazy Koreans y'know.  ;^)

Perhaps Bill O. from the Tirerack can chime in with any feedback that he's
heard about them.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"Hey, well I'm the friendly stranger
In the black sedan
Oh won't you hop inside my car?
I got pictures, got candy, I am a lovable man
I'd like to take you to the nearest star
I'm your vehicle baby................."
"Vehicle" by The Ides Of March