Re: SO Class???

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: Re: SO Class???
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 15:12:53 -0400
Kelly, Katie wrote:

> Paul Foster writes...
>
> >So let me see if I understand this. If you are slower than your SO then
> >you _have_ to run in the SO class? Whew! I can think of a couple of
> >cases where this could be _very_ humiliating!
>
> No, no, you don't HAVE to run in the SO class. It is entirely up to you
> where you run, just as it is now. Only now, we are offering this choice to
> males who, for whatever reasons, might not feel comfortable racing in the
> Open class.
>
> Again, as it is now, the Ladies class is not representative of one's speed
> or natural driving ability. Let's open the door for some men.

Whew, that's a relief! Now I can start dating again without the fear of
being relegated to the SO class! And Jeff Reitmeier doesn't have to
worry that he may someday need a divorce to run AS. But that still
sounds like a form of discrimination. How about all the spinster /
abstainer / hunting accident / knife victim males out there?

Paul Foster