What Class Would This Hybrid Go In?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: What Class Would This Hybrid Go In?
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:16:37 -0500
From: Rocky Entriken <RENTRIKEN/0003006623@MCIMAIL.COM>
Subject: Re: What Class Would This Hybrid Go In?

<It would seem that by including the '86-'89 Integra all on the same
line, then,
that what the SEB is saying is the difference between the '86-'87 and the
'88-'89 is not significant enough to warrant making the distinction. IOW,

if someone dropped the '89 engine into an '86 chassis, they are not
gaining
an unfair performance advantage. If anything, just leveling the playing
field.

Whoops, Rocky, you are giving some bad advice. If you were talking Street
Prepared you'd be OK. But in Stock the engine, transmission, and
everything else must be the same year as the car. Period.

For, example Corvettes 1984-1996 are on the same line in the SS
classification. In those year Corvettes there are 4 distinctly different
engines and 4 distinctly different transmissions offered. Just because
they are on the same line doesn't make swapping back and forth legal.

<I think if I were sitting on a PC and that specific question arose, I
would
(based on what I've seen so far) have to rule this "hybrid" legal, not
really
a hybrid at all, but simple parts replacement within the allowable years
for
the model.

If the engine is from a neighboring year but essentially the same, I
doubt anyone would protest. It would be a weiner protest, in any case.
However, if someone wanted to get technical, they could make life
unhappy. Such is life in SCCA land.

Ben Thatcher