Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?

To: mattm@nassau.cv.net
Subject: Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 1999 09:04:20 EST
In a message dated 99-02-06 21:19:53 EST, mattm@nassau.cv.net writes:

<<
 Charlie, it seems as though you are now complaining about the exact type of
 scenarios that you ruled on (and over) during your tenure on the SCAC. Lemmy
see, by your current views, then the Neon ACRs should be packed away with the
Camaro 1LEs, Type-Rs. I think the ACR and Type-R are a very good parallel.
They were handled in the same manner. You were involved with ACR weren't you?
Or were you on vacation that week? >>

First, let me say that I just love your sarcastic manner.  Really endearing.
Second, the SCAC recommended not allowing the 1LE package, starting with '93
(after we saw how many were produced in previous years), but was overruled by
the SEB.  I voted against allowing the ACR, though I don't remember whether
that was a minority or majority opinion within the SCAC.

<<  As far as a M030, it is the same as ordering alloy wheels instead of steel
wheels (except Hondas, of course), or an MR2 with a solid roof, instead of a
T-Top. Almost any Porsche can be ordered with a Sport Package or "M030".  >>

Sure, it's the same, except that it hasn't been proven that a solid roof is an
advantage over the fairly common sunroof, wheels are allowed to be changed,
and it's REAL expensive to build an M030 car out of a non-M030 car.  Other
than that, yeah, they're EXACTLY the same.

<<  Charlie, darling, are you still touchy about the classifications with your
RX-7 in C Stock? Put down the coffee. Relax. Take a few deep breaths. Borrow a
jug of that stuff that Huck, ummm..., uses in the R&D facility. >>

Did I miss something?  Were we discussing this?  Or does it have something to
do with G/S Type Rs?  Other than providing you with an opportunity to take a
poke at me, what relevance does this have?

<<  Ya know, you could move
away from the "Dark Side" and get a Type-R, A4, or DSM product. I'm sure the G
Stock folks won't complain too much.  >>

1) I have a competitive ride this year
2) I'm not at all interested in A4s or DSM products
3) There are very few Type Rs available, which IS my point.

It is obvious at this point that I'm in the minority on this issue, since the
Type R owners are all on the other side of the issue and no one else cares.
If the G/S people don't care, neither do I.

CHD