Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?

To: Smokerbros@aol.com, team net <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Should Integra Type R's be in Stock Category?
From: Joshua Hadler <jhadler@rmi.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 12:46:15 -0600
Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

[snip]

> 1) I have a competitive ride this year
> 2) I'm not at all interested in A4s or DSM products
> 3) There are very few Type Rs available, which IS my point.
>
> It is obvious at this point that I'm in the minority on this issue, since the
> Type R owners are all on the other side of the issue and no one else cares.
> If the G/S people don't care, neither do I.

Ok, I'll bite again...

Well, just so you see where I'm coming from.

A)      I don't have a competetive ride this year
B)  I may actually be co-driving a G-Stock car for '99 (havn't decided yet)
C)  There are (in my opinion) enough Type R's to justify classing them in an
appropriate stock classs if the SEB so desires. How many Porsche Turbo S's
are/were available? How many M-Coupes  will be made available this year? If
the Type R were originally classed in A-stock, would we have even heard a peep
about this?

Should the Type R be in Stock? I don't know, but probably. It is, and to
reverse that decision will probably never happen given the current "don't rock
the boat" nature of our ruling bodies. Do I feel that it is appropriately
classed? No. Some claim that the Type R didn't show it's stuff at nats, I
dissagree. Given the short amount of startup time that Sapp and Endicot had
with these cars for -autoxing- (yes, I know Bob has been runing a Type R in
road racing circles for a while now, but we all know that RR and autoxing
often have very different setups), and the potential they showed at Nats, I
think it's a fair guess that the Type R's will start eating up G-Stock this
year. Where does it belong? Well, someone drew a comparison to the Neon ACR...
why not put the cars head to head? SO if E-Stock and G-Stock are so similar in
speed, then pit the R against the Neon and see what happens. It's not like the
Type R doesn't fit the profile of the class, and it would at least make the
fact statement "An ACR Neon wins D-Stock!" have a little more meaning this year.

-Josh2

--
Joshua Hadler    '74 914 2.0 CSP/Bi - Hooligan Racing #29 - CONIVOR
                 '87 Quantum Syncro - aka stealth quattro

jhadler@rmi.net
http://rainbow.rmi.net/~jhadler/