Re: surrey top on a TR6

To: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Subject: Re: surrey top on a TR6
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:25:03 +0000
Walt,

A surry top from what I see, just means you have an attatched glass rear panel,
and a removeable center panel.

On the vette's, all years keep the back glass in place, and remove the panel in
the middle entirely, only on some years. I remember seeing it stored in a bag
in the hatch area. Made more sense to me than those stupid t-tops.

That is before GM started making convertables again. For some time they always
a T-top option, some years in glass, other years in steel. And the removable
your talking about (entire thing) I don't remember, but it had to of been
pre-Stingray.

BTW, I love the chrome bumper convertable 72 Stingray in blue wih the black or
white interior. My brother in law bought one new when he graduated the naval
academy. It was his present to himself, I remember what a cool ride that was. I
think I was 10 or 11 at the time. Thats one I'd like to do after the 6. By my
wife would divorce me before she'd let me do that. Maybe a buy one restored. :)

GH

-------------- Original message from Walt Boeninger : --------------