surrey top on a TR6

To: genehart@att.net, "Todd Bermudez" <red_tr250@hotmail.com>
Subject: surrey top on a TR6
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:55:32 -0400
At 3:12 PM +0000 6/10/04, genehart@att.net wrote:
>Yes Todd's right about the Surrey, but not on a TR6 post 69, it
>looks too goofy. IMHO. But it does look cool on the 250.

Goofy? Not likely. I have a Perfect Plastics hardtop on my '71. It's
the round shape of a surrey top without the removable panel. Every
time I wear that top to British Invasion in Vermont, I come home with
a 1st-in-class trophy. It changes the whole look of the car. I can't
tell you how many times I've had to tell people that it's the correct
top for the car, since the steel hardtop was not available before '73.
--
Phil Barnes (peb3@cornell.edu)
'71 TR6  CC61193L (27 year owner)