Re: surrey top on a TR6

To: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Subject: Re: surrey top on a TR6
From: genehart@att.net
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 16:08:13 +0000
Walt,

I don't consider the t-top as a real removable top, it's a patch as far as I'm
conserned. For people that want a convertable without the sound hassles and the
potentially leaky roof.

Steel hardtops came out in Black in '72 then color matched from '73 to '76. But
since most people wanted a roadster in their British Sports car, and not a GT,
it did not go over well in the early 72 and 73 years. But it picked up steam
later in production 74 75 76. It's a cool look and option, the factory got it
right the first time on this one,

The dealers tried to push them, but in those day's they competed with the 280Z,
Posche 914 etc.. and other 6 pot foreign cars, people who bought TR6's like the
top down feel of a classic British Roadster.

Cost of over 4K new was making the 6 a bit expensive over the other cars it
compeated against. Check out old articles in Car and Driver, it really gives
good insite into what people were thinking in those day's.

GH

So what years did a real removable middle panel did the corvette have?

--
Gene Hart
genehart@att.net

-------------- Original message from Walt Boeninger : --------------