Re: surrey top on a TR6

To: genehart@att.net
Subject: Re: surrey top on a TR6
From: Walt Boeninger <walt.boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:30:15 -0700
genehart@att.net wrote:

> Walt,
>
> I don't consider the t-top as a real removable top, it's a patch as far as
>I'm
conserned. For people that want a convertable without the sound hassles and the
potentially leaky roof.

But you were comparing it to the surry top, so I figgered that was what
you were talking about..... no Corvette ever had a removeable "Surrey top"
But then I'm no expert, I only had a 68 Convert and now a 99 Hardtop.

The convertibles from 50 something til ??  had a removeble hardtop option.....

> It's a cool look and option, the factory got it right the first time on this
>one,

I like ours!  ('74)

> So what years did a real removable middle panel did the corvette have?

Eh?  All of them since 68 have a removeable panel.....  I think.....
..Which looks like a surry top.  Just not a removeable surry top...