Re: magic clutch

To: "Bill McIntire" <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Subject: Re: magic clutch
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 10:47:40 -0400
Bill,

The TR3/TR4 method will work and many have done just that, but it introduces
slack in the linkage, something most TR6s can't tolerate, especially those
with the .7 inch MC piston.

Not only was the SC return spring removed in the TR6 & TR250, a spring was
also added inside the SC to push the piston out so that the release bearing
is held against the pressure plate spring.  The standard release bearing
spins freely and there is no slack in the system, and it is self adjusting.

The Toyota bearing has much greater mass and doesn't spin as freely, hence
the problem.   Dick Taylor suggests removing the spring inside the SC. That
may be the best solution.  It appears this arrangement was used at some time
between the TR4 and TR250.

Nelson