RE: E-bay warning

To: <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>,
Subject: RE: E-bay warning
From: "Rick Yocum" <rickyocum@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:50:33 -0500
ho-ho-ho don't i know!   last week i had my pay-pal password hacked and pay
pal suspended my ability to acess my account!  this prompted my calling
them via phone to find out what happened!

I got an email telling me another email address had been added to my account
and to respond if this wasn't proper.  Of course, the email gave me a
connection to click.  Looked legit, so I connected to it and, first sign
that something wass a miss, it switched me to a "new site" where I was asked
for my email and password to enter paypal.

I decided to use my email (which they already had) and make up a password.
Surprise, I was logged in.  And guess what? - I had been eselected for a
"random audit" to ensure my account was up-to-date.  All I had to do was
enter the credit card number I was using with Paypal and they would check it
against their records.

My first instinct was to make up a number, but I decided I had had enough
and got out of the site.

So far I haven't seen any false charges, although I am going to check it out
today.

Rick Yocum