Re: Camping at Watkins

To: <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Camping at Watkins
From: "Eric J Russell" <ejrussell@mebtel.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:03:21 -0400
----- Original Message -----

> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Camping at Watkins
>
> It looks like there are two choices, tenting at the track, or at the KOA
> campground.  It looks like the track is primarily set up for RVs.
>
> Does anyone have experience with tenting at either place and would like to
> offer up an opinion?

It has been a few years since I camped at W-G and then it was in a truck
camper. But W-G does have specific areas for RV's and other areas for
tenters. Don't expect KOA amenities - basically a few square feet of land &
toilet facilities near enough. Bring chairs & table for example.

It was fun camping at W-G. Reasonably quiet at night, nice to wake up to
race cars out on the track in the morning! Don't know about the KOA - never
stayed at that one.

Make sure you know what the fees for camping are so as to avoid '$ticker
$hock'.

Eric Russell (vintage race watcher...)
Mebane, NC
http://community.webshots.com/user/ghnl1961