Camping at Watkins

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Camping at Watkins
From: Glenn <g_wakefield@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 16:57:08 -0700 (PDT)
Long time lister, first time poster to this team.net group, I'm more active on
some of the others.  No vintage race car, yet, but there is always hope.  My
MGB V8 conversion is a lot of fun, but hardly vintage racing material.  This
would actually be our first "vintage race" event.

My wife and I are going to try to get down to Watkins for most of this
weekend..  Since I'm sure all the hotels / B&Bs etc. are long since booked for
this weekend, we are probably going to spend a couple of nights in a tent.

It looks like there are two choices, tenting at the track, or at the KOA
campground.  It looks like the track is primarily set up for RVs.

Does anyone have experience with tenting at either place and would like to
offer up an opinion?

Thanks,

Glenn