Re: Mechanical Failures

To: WATTSIT2ME@aol.com
Subject: Re: Mechanical Failures
From: lwdent <lwdent@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:36:04 -0500
Dean makes some very good points.

Many of you on this line know me as the Chief Steward for the 3 major
SOVREN events in the Pacific N.W. each summer.

In my drivers meetings I sort of hammer away at the theme that the cars
are the show and the drivers are the caretakers of the pieces in the
show.

My ending theme is always, "Take care of each other".  Hopefully Vintage
will continue to be a FAIRLY low profile, laid back sort of thing, but
there are always exceptions.

In SOVREN we select the "keep it stock" and "drive well within your
capacity" philosophy.   Those who don't are subject to various penalties
depending upon the infraction.  Unlike SCCA, you ARE responsible for
your little mistakes.  Vintage is a "ZERO CONTACT SPORT".

Larry Dent