Re: Value of the high stake

To: Tombread@aol.com
Subject: Re: Value of the high stake
From: David Laver <David.Laver@MSDW.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:03:31 +0000
>From what I overhear in the paddock I think this sort of happens in the
invitation only events like Goodwood.  The organizer says 'thank you for your
interest but the car we r-e-a-l-l-y want to see is the X in your garage - get it
on the button and bring it over and we'll stick you on the dinner table next to
Y'.

I'm so grateful that there is so much vintage racing about and such a breadth -
something for everyone both to compete and spectate and read about.  Most people
spend what they can afford but rather more than they feel is appropriate.  Most
take appropriate care.  All know what they are letting themselves in for -
including those who line up on the grid with Moss or lend him a car.

David