Re: Unleaded and all that

To: ensgwo@bath.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Unleaded and all that
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:27:11 EST

<<  does anyone out there have any experience of
 "hard motoring" using unleaded on engines designed for lead. By hard
 motoring I mean racing/fast road cruising at engine speeds of 4500rpm
 plus. >>

The best and most common permanent fix for unleaded is to rebuild the
cylinder head using nickle/chrome exhaust valve seats and the best quality
stainless steel exhaust valves you can get and bronze valve guides.  We use
this method on all our MGs including "T"s, MGAs and MGBs.

Rod Schweiger