Unleaded and all that

To: british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net
Subject: Unleaded and all that
From: Dr G W Owen <ensgwo@bath.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:38:42 +0000 (GMT)
Now the European Gov has seen the light and decided to poison us all with
Benzine instead of lead, in the UK we no longer have a sourse of Leaded
Petrol.

Whilst Lead Replacement petrol will (probably) cope with the stresses of
ordinary motoring in the UK, does anyone out there have any experience of
"hard motoring" using unleaded on engines designed for lead. By hard
motoring I mean racing/fast road cruising at engine speeds of 4500rpm
plus.

The questions that I (and many others) would like answers to include
1. Which adddatives are people using abroad.
2. At what doesage rates
3. Does anyone have any experience of teh Redline addative?

If you have any input and would like to send replies to me, I will collate
them and reply to the list

thanks

Geraint Owen

Dr Geraint Owen