Re: Hoosier characteristics (bias)

To: Gregory_Schulz@mil-elect-tool.com
Subject: Re: Hoosier characteristics (bias)
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:45:22 EST

<< I had a terrible build-up of rubber on the tread
 surface.

Greg,

I can share your greef over the build-up of junk on your tires, but I don't
think it's rubber, I think it is sealer (aka tar) that was put on the track
surface to preserve the track.  I had the same problem on my MGB with  Comp
TA R1 tires (radials).  When new, great tires but as they aged, they would
pick up all this "stuff" on the tread.  Much as you described, like a rubber
build-up and threw the tire out of balance.   When you took the car out on
the track (especially when cold) the car would be absolutely evel.  You
weren't running on rubber but tar.

I finally gave up, chucked the R1s and bought Yokohamas which are doing the
same thing.  If you and or the list can get a handle on this one I will be
sitting here patiently ready to learn the cause.

Best regards,

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Coupe Wantabe #119