Re: MGA Wheel Failures

To: hayes@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: MGA Wheel Failures
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 1999 22:40:12 EST

<<  What about the new "Minilites" from the UK?

I have a set of the new knock-on minilites (from the UK) on my MGB.  Not too
expensive (about $375 each), but heavy.  I didn't realize how heavy they were
until they arrived and I opened the box.  By that time, I was commited to
keeping my centerlock hubs.  Oh-well!  With the knock-0ns, there is
considerable extra weight in the center splined section.  The real value is
probably the bolt on minilite: Strong and light.  I do feel secure in that
the minilite knock-on is reportedly 4 lbs lighter that a wire wheel and
infinately stronger.  And the weight is in close to the center of the wheel
and not near the hub.

Rod Schweiger
"64 MGB Sebring Coupe Wantabe