Corner stations

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Corner stations
From: "Mark Palmer" <mgvrmark@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 05:46:18 PDT
David Whiteside, thanks for your description of the Glen incident -- most
complete description I've heard so far.  I think that sort of info is
useful, we can all learn something from this sort of post-incident report.

One comment: "2) Running enduros without a full compliment of corner workers
can lead to very serious consequences."

Completely agree -- we really shouldn't run ANY race-format sessions (sprint
race, qualifying, etc) without full complement of corner stations.

If we're understaffed, stewards should remind drivers of 2 things at Friday
driver meeting: 1) today is PRACTICE ONLY, do not drive as if it is a race;
2) corner stations are "minimally staffed", so drive accordingly.

Mark Palmer
MGA #185