Re: Reflections on a racing incident

To: "Dick Buckingham, Jr." <rebjrmd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Reflections on a racing incident
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:35:36 -0500
Dick,

With all due respect... why does it take a perennial smartass like me to get
the VMC to come in from the woods?

And... if you intended to include the flagging issue in LA in November, why
not include that in your original post? too much information would be just
enough, thank you...

I suspect there are many racers that are completely unaware that only 7 of
your 23 organizations comply with sharing 13/13 info.

I belong to or have raced with  a number of vintage race groups around the
country, and have seen both driver's skills and flagging, and tech
inspections vary greatly from one organization to another.

The point of this whole discussion plays into the hands of VMC if you really
want to affect some change, and not be viewed upon, (especially now...) as
some paper tiger. Get some effective, persuasive leadership that can alter
opinions, inform, and accomplish some effective changes regarding safety of
vintage racers and ultimately result in a better sport.

(Stepping off my soapbox now... now that I know not all 13/13 yahoos have
been identified, I'm welding a cow catcher on the front of the Sprite...)

WST