Re: Info wanted on painting aluminum wheels

To: <vintage-race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Info wanted on painting aluminum wheels
From: "Alistair Clinton - UK Racing Castings" <Ukracingcastings@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 08:21:07 +0100
Regarding powder coating mag wheels
As a magnesium foundry we have some experience of this and Greg Solow is
right they should not be powder coated. I am not sure of the exact technical
explanation but a major problem is the heat produces gases in the mag which
will bubble powder coat, it looks awful
Regards
Alistair Clinton UK Racing Castings