RE: beginners tech question

To: "Simon Favre" <simon@mondes.com>
Subject: RE: beginners tech question
From: "Greg Burrowes" <gregb@datafast.com.au>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 16:28:10 +1000
Hey, you got it right!  Bigger wheel cylinders = more pressure on the pads.
I was amazed at the opposite opinions.  We increased the size until we went
too far & loacked up the rear wheels easily and then came back.  @ $12 a
cylinder it was the easiest way.

Think about a trolley floor jack.  A small pump pistons pushes a large
piston in the lifting ram.  A small piston pushing a large one takes more
strokes but the large piston will exert more force (but with less travel).

Greg Burrowes
GM Holden Torana XU1 #50
Historic Touring Cars Australia