RE: beginners tech question

To: "'Greg Burrowes'" <gregb@datafast.com.au>
Subject: RE: beginners tech question
From: "Haynes, Mark" <mhaynes@ball.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 07:27:20 -0600
O.K.- I agree that if you have a system running 2 masters ( 1 for the front,
and 1 for the rear) that this is true-bigger wheel cylinders = bigger
brakes. However, if you're running a single master, with dual outputs, then
won't the increased volume necessary to bring the rears to bear cause a
substantial front bias? The 2 pistons are traveling the same distance, the
volume output is proportional front to rear, but the front (discs) which
have less runout, and less free movement will come on-line first, before the
rears with more volume to take up have even started to act on the drums?-I
realize that I'm talking about a specific case, and not a generalization
here, so please bear with my long windedness (and possibly my
bull-headedness)
Mark Haynes
'65 Spitfire RMVR #162