Re: Fire Systems:

To: S800Racer@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fire Systems:
From: RodsINTOMG@aol.com
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:54:44 EST

<<
 << I was thinking about putting one nozzel into
 the engine compartment, pointing at the carb, and one into the cockpit
pointed
 at me, the driver.>>

I put a Phenoix 5lb system in my '64 MGB last year and had the same questions.
I considered a 10lb with three nozzels, one at the carb, one over the fuel
cell and one at the driver's knees.  The 10lb was just too big for my car.  It
was like trying to fit a SCUBA tank in the car.  The 5lb tank fit nicely in
the passenger side foot well.  A special bracket I made fit it nicely above
the passenger's knees and the knob for the push cable mounts nicely on the far
left of the dashboard in the overdrive switch hole.

I bought the system at Bell Motorsports in Oakland.  The owner (a very nice
guy who's name I've forgotten) told me that the nozzel at the fuel cell is a
waste of time.  If the fuel cell blows, even a 30lb system won't put it out.
And besides, the purpose of a fuel cell is that it is much less likely to leak
in a roll over or a crash.  I went with the two nozzels one at the carb and
the other at drivers knees.

Good luck,

Rod Schweiger
'64 MGB Sebring Replica