Re: Fixing Loose Wheel Studs

To: Bob Spruck <bspruck@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Fixing Loose Wheel Studs
From: Mike Henry <mhenry@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 11:10:34 -0700
If the hole isn't really sloppy you might try locktight red.
I've used  this on my FF / Triumph front hubs to hold modified studs. Same
method you described for alignment - bolt up a wheel until they set.  I would
also use a propane torch to heat up the stud and kill the locktight if I wanted
to remove them later.  Welding the stud makes me nervous, other thoughts?

Mike Henry
Denver CO