Re: Fire Systems:

To: CooperS66@aol.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fire Systems:
From: S800Racer@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 21:51:43 EST
In a message dated 2/19/1999 5:47:51 PM, CooperS66@aol.com writes:

<< I was thinking about putting one nozzel into
the engine compartment, pointing at the carb, and one into the cockpit pointed
at me, the driver.>>

        When I put my fire system in my car I had two nozzles.  I ran one to the
engine compartment and put the other one on the roll bar inside the car near
my head.  When I went to tech at the first event I was required to change the
set-up.  I reset it so that it was close to the fuel cell.  The reason is that
most fire bottle systems combat the fire by depriving it of oxygen and it was
decreed that I should not deprive myself of oxygen while trying to exit a
burning race car.  With that in mind you might need to have an alternate plan
ready if you have trouble at tech.

 Doug Meis
        '67 Honda S800