Re: Watkins Glen- Group one's revenge...

To: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen- Group one's revenge...
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 08:49:10 -0400
Roger, I ran my 948 engine with HSR in Savannah in '95, and had a ball.  I
was mid-pack ( of the 948 cc cars), running L's, and had no issues with
rough driving, etc. I ran the 1275 at Mid Ohio S/M challenge in '96 and
again had a good time (had FF front tires that time).  Ran nose to tail with
Dave Morgan in his Mini, whom you know from VARAC.

Mid pack 948 sprite times with HSR equate to 1:59 or so at Mosport.  Mid
pack 1275 times equate to 1:47 at Mosport.

Thing to keep in mind is that HSR has some of the fastest Sprites in the
country, bar none.  Some of their Vintage cars do run extremely fast with
what would seem to be large 1275 engines, very aggressive suspension and
tire combinations, and quite light cars (compared to H-prod specs).  So you
just pick your race, and try to pass the guy in front, and have a good time.
I personally am very comfortable with the whole HSR attitude and way of
racing, and running events.  Not perfect, but no worries!

Brian

>>      I also heard the report of the HSR July race date for next year.
>
>The word so far is July 10th weekend, and it will include F5000 as the
Special,